Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
As the power delivery team leader, you will have the ability to plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate T&D projects. You will thrive in spearheading the resolution of complex problems and difficult coordination requirements. You will participate in contract bidding and administration; reviewing plans, preparing reviewing technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates and liaise with client during the contract execution.
Your role will also entail supervising the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel while promoting the Mott MacDonald culture of collaboration and flexibility. You will mentor junior staff and encourage professional growth through sharing of knowledge, resources, and by delegating tasks and encouraging the senior staff to allow their teams to participate in hands-on engineering work.
Business development with target clients and acting as an account leader for existing clients rounds out your role. You will strategize and set goals for the team to support the overall group strategy, and communicate needs, thoughts, ideas, and issues to VP's regularly. Alongside this, the power delivery team leader acts as project director (oversight to project manager) and review staff utilization and mentoring of team leads, Intermediate and senior staff to ensure QA/QC process is followed by the team, and contribute to QA/QC reviews as applicable. Directs and coordinates activities of a department or group within the firm.
Aids senior executives in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the power sector;
- Extensive experience in the design, construction, and commissioning of MV and HV Substations and/or transmission lines;
- Prior experience managing and supervising people/teams;
- Project management experience;
- Experience working for a consultancy preferred;
- Registered Professional Engineer;
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to coordinate the work of various engineering disciplines and contractors to complete an integrated project;
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels in the organization in a team environment;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Requires a valid driver's license.