Mott MacDonald’s support services are the driving force behind our organisation enabling us to run efficiently and effectively.
The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practise and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you'll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter – to help explain why you're interested in applying for this role. The application deadline is Monday 30th July when applications will be reviewed by the team to shortlist for interviews, which will be held in Croydon.
If you have any questions or need to send us your application in a different format, please contact us at email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
- Working closely with subject matter experts in all areas of corporate services (Finance, HR, Projects, Payroll etc.) to elicit and define detailed requirements for both project work and 'business as usual' tasks.
Project work will predominantly involve defining screen layout changes and notifications for the new ERP system. Business-as-usual tasks can include screen layout changes, changes to our internal electronic forms ("eForms") and other minor process flow amendments.
- You will be required to conduct interviews or to gather user requirements via meetings, questionnaires or site visits and model the output using workflows, storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods within a detailed specification.
A high standard of written English is required, which will be tested.
- Liaise with internal technical staff to understand the 'art of the possible' and to provide options to assist business decision-making.
- Create and roll-out new process flows for operational procedures, e.g. on-boarding/off-boarding staff, managing staff moves, provision of user support.
- Contribute to the management of the product backlog, including its content, severity and priority.
- To define test cases in Test Rail and – using these – to carry out unit, system and regression testing of applications.
You may also be required to assist with UAT.
It is vital that you are a skilled and experienced business analyst with solid experience.
We will require you to hit the ground running and to become effective quickly.
A high level of written English is required (both vocabulary and grammar) and your written skills will be tested during the interview process.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree or diploma in the field of Business Analysis, Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Business Administration or relevant equivalent work experience.
- BCS Diploma in Business Analysis or equivalent - desirable
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modelling, verification, and methodology development.
- Experience writing technical documentation, including specifications and options papers.
- Full software development lifecycle experience ideally using agile processes
- Experience writing and executing test cases.
Knowledge and experience – highly desirable
- Technical ability, e.g. ability to write SQL
- Prior use of Business Objects.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with technical members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, oral and presentation communication skills