We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The successful candidate is to lead a site supervision team carrying out the following duties:
- Supervise and administer construction contracts using both the Public Works and FIDIC Contracts;
- Ensuring that the works are constructed in accordance with the works requirements and any planning/environmental requirements;
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress of the works against the Works Programme;
- Evaluation the value of works completed on a monthly basis;
- Reviewing Contractor Method statements and ensuring that the works are being carried out in accordance with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Regulations with the support of the Health and Safety Co-ordinator;
- Maintain contemporaneous records of site activities in the site diary;
- Liaise with office based engineering teams;
- Liaise with stakeholders including local residents, landowners, businesses and the general public;
- Commercial management of projects;
- Client relationship management;
- Other duties as required by Mott MacDonald or senior members of the site supervision team.
The successful candidate will possess the following;
- Hold an honours degree (level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications), or equivalent professional qualification, in engineering;
- Chartered Engineer status (or equivalent) is desirable;
- At least 10 years’ post graduate relevant involving the supervising Major Civil Engineering Works;
- Experience administering contracts using the Public Works or FIDIC Contracts;
- Working knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety legislation and regulations;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills;
- Excellent IT skills and familiar with computer applications such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and AutoCAD.