Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
The Advisory and Programme Delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million’s to £20bn, through the Technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting, Education and Healthcare Management.
Our Buildings portfolio is primarily a UK business working in both the Public and Private sector of the Construction Market.
We provide Cost and Project Management services for a wide range of clients including Central Government, Local Authorities and Private clients.
We work in the majority of buildings market sectors including workplace, residential, law and order, health, education, retail, sports and commercial property.
Our vision is to provide added value to our clients business through high quality services and our people.
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunities company.
The contracts engineer will be responsible for the following duties;
- Full and thorough Contract Administration duties – issuing / responding to Notices and the like within time frames as stipulated in the Contract
- Drafting detailed and thoroughly researched responses to all letters of a contractual nature received from Contractors/Consultants
- Provide guidance in processing requests for variations, extensions of time etc
- Advising on the validity of any Claims received from the Contractor – detailed review and analysis in order to assess validity
- Advise on any contractual matters
- Degree educated in relevant construction industry discipline
- Experience in both developing/drafting and managing contracts
- Experience in the contract management of major projects
- Thorough knowledge of contracts administration practices, procedures, different contract types, contract terms and provisions, business practices and commercial custom
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experienced in construction commercial evaluations and supporting technical evaluations
- Thorough knowledge of FIDIC contract administration practices, procedures, different contract types, contract terms and provisions and business practices