Technical Manager (Water)
- Able to carry out civil engineering design like hydraulic calculations/analysis, Civil general arrangement drawings, pipe longitudinal sections, specifications, BOQs, prepare and review tenders, detailed design/engineering of water and wastewater networks as per industry/client standards.
- Has good experience of leading and delivering multi-disciplinary projects and can co-ordinate effectively with other disciplines.
- Familiarity with relevant standards and water company specifications.
- Ensures that the designers duties under the contract are adhered to
- Can perform required design activities associated with project life-cycle in line with client standards, specifications, and codes of practice as checker or approver of designs.
- Is familiar with preparation and review of various reports and other project documentation and can ensure that all documentation is current, accurate and in compliance as per Client requirements.
- As Project Manager, interprets and adheres to budget, schedule and quality requirements.
- Ensuring QC process is being followed, delivery to the right quality and timelines
- Standardising workflows based on the project requirements
- Drives innovation into designs
- Communicates and liaises effectively with internal and external clients, vendors, subcontractors, consultants etc
- Recognises, defines and resolves problems within assigned area.
- Interprets the design risk and assumptions associated with the project and records this as the project progresses.
- Interprets and promotes best practice in health, safety and environmental matters.
- Expert in Civil/Structural/Electrical/Process/Mechanical delivery for Water projects.
- Water/wastewater Pipelines and Networks experience on UK or Middle East projects would be preferable.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards achieving it would be preferable.
- Good knowledge of the design process, engineering.
- Experience of working on multidisciplinary projects
- Good Project Management skills and knowledge of project commercial issues and constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good client liaison skills
- Should be able to troubleshoot and guide team members
- Proactive and innovative approach, and able to adapt to changing scenarios
- Good experience in working on Bentley WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, StormCAD, CivilStorm
- Hands-on experience in AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Navisworks
- Conversant with MS Word, Excel
- Familiar with Document management systems like SharePoint, Bentley ProjectWise and BIM360
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.