Committed to sustainable development, our power experts are experienced in all types of thermal, nuclear, hydro, and renewable energy generation and power transmission and distribution technologies.
For more than 100 years, we've delivered the industry's most prestigious and challenging assignments, playing a leading role on some of the world's milestone energy projects.
We have power offices in the UK and Europe, South Africa, Russia, the Middle East, India, Thailand, Singapore, and the US. Each office has in-depth knowledge and understanding of local conditions and practices, backed by our global resources: allowing us to provide our clients with the best solutions possible on their projects.
Power generation from conventional sources such as coal, gas, oil, and diesel continues to provide a significant share of global electricity production. But renewable contribution is significant and growing.
Our thermal power generation experience spans the complete range of skills needed to take a project from concept to commissioning. This includes feasibility and scoping studies, detailed design, plant specification and tender review, contract negotiations, project management, and involvement in plant enhancement studies during the operations phase, as well as lender’s engineer services.
We provide full engineering and management services to a diverse range of clients worldwide.
Our skills and services include these:
- Civil, mechanical, electrical, control, and instrumentation engineering
- Detailed design and specification preparation
- Feasibility studies covering all aspects of plant development and infrastructure
- Full lenders’ engineer services during project finance and asset acquisitions
- Grid connection and transmission network studies
- Owner’s engineer/project management during construction and commissioning phases, and technical advisory services
- Technical input to the preparation of environmental impact assessments
- Technology reviews of new power generation equipment
- Tender review and contract negotiations
- Thermal efficiency modeling
- Cost engineering
- Construction economics
- Program management
In addition to traditional consulting services in design and engineering, we provide services in market analysis, institutional strengthening, and the introduction of new asset management techniques.
We provide a total solution in generation or transmission and distribution projects. We deliver an optimized solution based on sustainable developments.