Biogases can be used for heat or steam raising in convention boilers, for nearby process needs, or for power generation using gas engines or boilers with steam turbines. We have experience of working with these technologies.
Mott MacDonald's experience ranges from market studies of biogas feedstock to due diligence and feasibility studies to technical support and guidance on the design and development of biogas plants.
We are familiar with local planning and permitting issues. Our clients include governments, regulators, investors, lenders, owners, and suppliers.
Our capabilities include these:
- Acquisition due diligence (financial, contractual, and technical aspects)
- Conceptual design and specification
- Contract review including power purchase agreements, heat supply agreements, fuel supply agreements, carbon credits, operation and maintenance agreements, and long-term service agreements
- Feasibility studies
- Health and safety, environmental, and social reviews
- Fuel supply chain analysis
- Market studies (feedstock and end use markets)
- Planning and permitting
- Preparation of minimum functional specification
- Review of financial models and projected performance
- Review of project interfaces and infrastructure
- Site selection
- Tender review and bid negotiation
Biogas represents an opportunity to use liquid waste or byproducts to generate heat, steam, and power for local use.
The additional revenue from the Clean Development Mechanism, Joint Implementation Mechanism, and carbon credits can be a bonus.
Mott MacDonald has contributed so successful projects in China, India, Indonesia, and Thailand.