Our diesel power generation experience spans the complete range of skills needed to take a project from concept through commissioning.
Mott MacDonald has first-hand experience of all this:
- Combined diesel and wind power projects for islands
- Digester/sewage gas power plants
- Heat recovery steam generation
- Landfill gas power plants
- Life extension, upgrading, and refurbishment of existing plant
- Utility diesel power plants
- Uninterruptible power plants
This includes feasibility and scoping studies, detailed design, plant specification and tender review, contract negotiations, project management of the construction and commissioning phase, and involvement in plant enhancement studies during the operations phase.
Our skills and services:
- Civil, mechanical, electrical, control, and instrumentation engineering
- Detailed design and specification preparation
- Feasibility studies covering all aspects of power plant development and associated infrastructure (e.g., grid connection and fuel supply)
- Grid connection and transmission network studies
- Owner’s engineer/project management during construction and commissioning phases, and technical advisory services
- Technical input to the preparation of environmental impact assessments
- Technology reviews of new power generation equipment
- Tender review and contract negotiations
- Diesel engines are more suited for small loads often associated with islands.
- Construction timescale tends to be relatively short.
- Gas engines can be used for small scale output for combined heat and power projects, landfill gas, and other waste gases
- Carbon credits
- Green certificates