Our experience in power generation from gas turbines, heat recovery steam generators, and steam turbines spans the complete range of skills needed to take a project from concept through commissioning.
Mott MacDonald has provided world-class consulting services for major gas turbine power plant sfor all applications including base load, merchant and peaking power, aluminum smelting, and power with desalination.
Our experience includes all the major gas turbine manufacturers and classes of machine.
Open-cycle gas turbine plants are often used for the following applications:
- Providing peak lopping capability
- As a backup to wind and solar power
- As phase 1 to generate revenue where phase 2 may be conversion to a combined-cycle gas turbine
Combined-cycle gas turbine plants offer greater efficiency.
We have first-hand experience in these areas:
- Base load, two shifting and peaking plant
- Combined-cycle and open-cycle projects using both gas and liquid fuels
- Captive plant
- Multi-shaft and single-shaft combined-cycle plants
- Power and water plants
- Civil, mechanical, electrical, control, and instrumentation engineering
- Detailed design and specification preparation
- Feasibility studies covering all aspects of power plant development
- Full lenders’ engineer services during project finance and asset acquisition
- Grid connection and transmission network studies
- Owner’s engineer/project management during construction and commissioning phases and technical advisory services
- Technical input to the preparation of environmental impact assessments
- Technology reviews of new power generation equipment
- Tender review and contract negotiations
- Thermal efficiency modeling
- An integrated offering that maximizes gas assets
- Hybrid combined-cycle gas turbine and solar plants
Clients gain a detailed knowledge of technologies that can maximize their efficiency.
Selected project examples
We have worked on gas-fired plants in the following countries:
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia