Mott MacDonald’s wide range of services and expertise allow us to adapt to an ever changing agricultural sector to best serve our clients. We favour partnership with producers and co-operatives and support institutions, aid agencies and governments as a key to successful agricultural development. Wherever possible, we employ a twinning approach in which our international specialists work in tandem with local professionals. Our focus is to transfer know-how, training and capacity building.
We work to promote good agricultural practices, including soil and water conservation, in order to help overcome poverty and hunger through contributing to food security, higher rural incomes and rural prosperity.
Our international development services in agriculture and soil conservation
- Agricultural and food sector policy and strategy development
- Crop/livestock diversification and production technology
- Design and implementation of soil and water conservation structures
- Farm and production innovation systems
- Gender and environmental balances programme implementation
- Marketing and information services
- Partnerships with local governments
- Restructuring and institutional strengthening of agricultural support
- Rural credit, finance and enterprise development