Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald (MM), offers an opportunity to have a career with a premier employer in the coastal, port, and harbor engineering industry.
MM is a full-service engineering company focusing on the development of port and harbor infrastructure, the
protection and restoration of coastlines, and navigation related projects.
MM is currently hiring a Marine Structures Engineer with 5-10+ years of experience for our Philadelphia Office.
Typical projects include harbors and marinas, navigation channels and waterways, marine terminals, mooring analysis, dredging/dredged material disposal design, civil engineering of port facilities, and shoreline protection and stabilization, and habitat restoration.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering analysis and design with a focus on ports and maritime infrastructure of recreational, commercial, and industrial facilities
- Project Management overseeing analysis, preliminary, and detailed design of ports and maritime facilities
- Develop plans, specifications, and construction documents
- Develop technical reports and provide senior level review of technical work products
- Participate in site visit of short duration to project sites in the U.S. and internationally
- Preparation of proposals and scopes of work
- Business Development assistance
- Bachelor’s degree in Ocean, Civil, and/or Structural Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer registered in
NY or NJ, or the ability to obtain such registration
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills
- Ability to develop plans and specifications for construction projects
- Ability to interface with clients
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
- Working experience within multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Ability to legally work in the United States
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce project related documents
- Post-graduate degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Knowledge of marine structures such as bulkhead, marina floats, piers, and boat ramps
- Knowledge of modeling software such as STAAD and LPILE
- Experience in condition assessment of port and maritime facilities
- Must have, or be able to obtain a TWIC
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals