Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Everyday, we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world.
As part of our growing business in North America, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a Senior Designer - BIM Specialist working as an integral part of the Building and Infrastructure group, your duties will include but not be limited to:
Production of architectural and structural BIM models and contract documents and BIM model coordination;
Perform clash detection in Autodesk Navisworks;
Use the Revit family editor to build BIM content for building components as necessary;
Prepare detail drawings, sections and standard details;
Interpret design sketches and details;
Produce engineering drawings associated with structural steel, concrete, masonry, timber, etc;
Lead projects involving drafting of structural and architectural drawings;
Follow design standards and guidelines and
Coordinate work with other disciplines.
- Graduate from a recognized post-secondary institution in in Architectural Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years CADD design in Structural Engineering;
- Minimum 2 years experience with Revit Structural and Architectural 2016 Software as well as 2D CAD and other 3D visualization and simulation applications;
- Minimum of three (3) BIM projects that involve complex, multi-phase, large scale buildings;
- Thorough comprehension of parametric object-based models, design, engineering/construction models;
- Excellent graphic, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, government regulations and building codes;
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team, and
- Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic.
If you share our vision, then let’s discuss how we can help you take the next step in your career and how you can participate in an exciting new chapter for Mott MacDonald in North America.