One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we’re helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We are currently looking for a structural engineer to be based in our Sofia office and to support our international business. You will be based in our Sofia office and will support our international business.
•Degree in civil/structural engineering, well on the way on getting chartered for professional organisations such as ICE or IStructE or any equivalent national organisation.
• Experience in the design and analysis of civil structures. Experience in design/analysis of industrial facilities will be preferable. Experience in nuclear industry is highly advantageous.
• Experience in communication with other design disciplines and working remotely from main design teams. Experience and understanding of Asian working culture is highly advantageous. This is to be demonstrated by sufficient time spent for education or work in Japan, China or South Korea.
• Understanding of analysis and design codes, standards, criteria, and design execution pertinent to structural engineering.
• Good understanding and proficiency in finite element analysis. Knowledge of SAP2000 or Autodesk Robot Structural is essential. Knowledge of ANSYS, LS-DYNA or other advanced software is highly advantageous.
• Good understanding and interest in structural dynamics for structural engineering in general.
• Good writing, presentation and communication skills. Working proficiency in English. Any other foreign language will be considered as advantage. International experience will be considered as advantage.
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Mathcad. Programming skills are highly advantageous.
• Ability to work effectively in teams.
You will be working, under partial supervision, for performing structural analyses of structures to validate their design adequacy for normal and extreme operation. You will be designing new structures or will design retrofitting measures for existing ones to resist extreme loads.