Opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Everyday, we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world.
As part of our growing business in North America, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Accountant working as an integral part of the Mott MacDonald team, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure timely processing of billings including maintenance of a billing diary. Ensure credit management focus is robust.
- Monitor accounts receivable and follow up with clients and/or project managers for past due accounts.
- Check employee expense claim which are project related.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation (expense claims and vendor invoices)
- Monitor all vendors’ invoices to ensure the organization is complying with all contract terms and conditions.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet, P&L and intercompany account reconciliations and journal entries, prepaid and accruals schedules.
- Maintain fixed asset schedule.
- Responsible for monthly close process of assigned areas.
- Review of all overhead expenditures, investigating entries and resolving/understanding transactions and variances.
- Responsible for filing GST/HST/QST monthly returns
- Ensure internal audit processes are complied with.
- Provide audit support for year-end financial and tax audits.
- Carry out ad hoc duties requested by the Unit Finance Manager.
- Special projects as required.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within our primary markets along with having the following candidate specifications (preferred candidates will possess the following):
- 5+ years’ experience in a fast-paced accounting environment; experience within an engineering firm is preferred
- CPA or at the last year of the CPA program
- Understanding of Canadian tax rulings
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Ability to work with large amount of data
- Intermediate Excel Skills Required, (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, IFs, SUMIF,)
- Good Oral & Written communication Skills.
- Must be deadline driven and able to work independently.
- Detailed oriented
If you share our vision, then let’s discuss how we can help you take the next step in your career and how you can participate in an exciting new chapter for Mott MacDonald in North America.
<p dir="ltr" />