Opening opportunities with connected thinking. Together with our clients, we are solving the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make, to unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned global management, multi-discipline engineering and development consultancy servicing the public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries. We have earned a reputation for technical excellence on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects.
Mott MacDonald is positioned for continued expansion, profitability, and career opportunities all across North America and around the world.
As part of our growing business throughout North America, we are interested in hearing from enthusiastic and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and who will contribute to a growing and successful business by being team players.
You will join a team of seasoned professionals who are looking to develop Mott MacDonald’s global presence.
The opportunity exists for an individual to join the team and develop their career within a growing and dynamic team in Canada.
Mott MacDonald is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an Accountant working as an integral part of the Mott MacDonald team, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure timely processing of billings including maintenance of a billing diary. Ensure credit management focus is robust.
- Monitor accounts receivable and follow up with clients and/or project managers for past due accounts.
- Check employee expense claim which are project related.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation (expense claims and vendor invoices)
- Monitor all vendors invoices to ensure the organization is complying with all contract terms and conditions.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet, P&L and intercompany account reconciliations and journal entries, prepaid and accruals schedules.
- Responsible for monthly close process of assigned areas.
- Review of all overhead expenditures, investigating entries and resolving/understanding transactions and variances.
- Responsible for filing GST/HST/QST monthly returns
- Ensuring internal audit processes are complied with.
- Provide audit support for year-end financial and tax audits.
- Carry out ad hoc duties requested by the Unit Finance Manager.
- Special projects as required.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within our primary markets along with having the following candidate specifications (preferred candidates will possess the following):
4+ years’ experience in fast paced accounting environment; experience within an engineering firm is preferred
Working towards a CPA designation (3rd or 4th level)
Strong analytical and computer skills
Ability to work with large amount of data
Intermediate Excel Skills Required, (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, INDEX MATCH, IFs, SUMIF,)
Good oral & written communication Skills.
Must be deadline driven and able to work independently.