Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defence, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Reporting to the Resident Engineer, responsibilities for this role will include, but not be limited to:
- Conduct onsite inspections to verify that the works are constructed in accordance with the contract using the contractor's chosen and accepted means and methods. This will involve working with other tunneling inspectors on shifts.
- Compile accurate records of all the site activities including any checks or the witnessing of tests and the current pass/fail status.
- Assist in the formation of a database of all scanned and electronically prepared documents from the Contractor.
- Capture photographic records of the site activities; ensuring the photographs are properly annotated and stored.
- Coordinate with designers, technical inspectors and the client’s inspectors on work inspections.
- Assist in the compilation of a deficiency list and check-up on the timely close out of any non-conformances.
- Monitor the contractor's safety systems and documentation.
- Monitor the implementation of any corrective measures introduced following any site incidents or accidents.
- Report any conditions that cause concern or sub-standard practices.
Education, Skills and Experience required for this role include:
- Relevant technical education from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience for the intermediate inspector position and 10 years of experience for senior inspector position.
- Construction experience involving underground structures, steel reinforcement as well as waterproofing and shotcreting.
- Experience with subway tunnel construction is required
- References of experience in construction site inspection work
- Basic level computer proficiency is required for this role (report development and maintenance, time sheets, emails, site records)
- Good oral and written communication skills are required for this role.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals