We are searching for a Road Designer in our Gdansk office to support European Design Centre (EDC) team. You will lead and work with other designers, project engineers and project managers in the execution and delivery of project deliverables.
We are seeking a Road Designer to join to our team in Gdansk Office. As a Designer the key elements of the role include:
- Working with other designers, project engineers and project managers in the execution and delivery of project deliverables.
- Proficient in design of civil infrastructure (roadways, highways, rail), earthworks, site grading, site development, open drainage.
- Deliver conceptual, preliminary engineering and final engineering for transportation projects.
- Interaction with clients, consultants and contractors.
- Ensure that project needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Providing support to other disciplines and offices, as required.
- As appropriate, supporting the development of more junior staff within the region.
- Showing technical leadership and providing technical expertise and advice.
- Controlling task programme and budgets
- Proactively liaising with and reporting to the line manager and/or project manager/principal.
The successful candidate will need:
- Highway Engineering diploma from accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years engineering experience including 2 after being chartered.
- Consulting engineering experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in highway design, road design and coordination of all disciplines related is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in civil infrastructure, linear, alignment design and construction would be an asset.
- Demonstrated software experience with one of the engineering packages [MicroStation / InRoads] or [MicroStation / MX] or [AutoCAD / Civil3D],
- Fluent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Knowledge and involvement for the preparation of specifications, tender documents is an asset.
- The attributes most sought after are strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, leading computer skills, self-motivation, initiative, independent learning ability and commitment.
- Commercial awareness, financial and technical reporting ability.
- Knowledge of highway (DMRB) standards would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Polish will be an asset.
- Unique opportunity to take part in international projects
- Opportunities to build a successful career path in the multinational company
- Internal and external training
- Attractive salary adequate to your competencies and Polish market
- Great atmosphere and a chance to work with inspiring people from all around the world
- Employee benefits (healthcare, wellbeing)