We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
We’re looking for a Senior ports and maritime civil engineer to join our PCO team in Croydon. You’ll help us to expand our depth and breadth of capability in the delivery of Mott MacDonald’s work on a wide range of UK and international projects.
As a Senior ports and maritime civil engineer, you will be involved on a wide range of projects both in the UK and overseas. You will be involved in port masterplanning activities, port layout improvement studies and design of port structures and other facilities for oil & gas, container, general cargo and bulk terminals. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill and career development.
The role will include the following:
- developing the company’s business and leading project teams in our expanding Ports team
- leading various stages of port engineering projects including outline planning, concept design, detailed design and administration of construction contracts
- leading and managing the production of project deliverables, including
reports, calculations, specifications, cost estimates and tender and contract documents
- supervising project team resources and managing project programmes and budgets
- contributing to and leading the preparation of bids
- interfacing with clients and stakeholders
- supporting the line manager in Liverpool
You will have a combination of some or all of the following:
- solid experience in port/maritime engineering
- chartered engineer
- background within a consulting engineering practice
- demonstrable team working and leadership experience on projects
- experience in the planning, design and construction of port and maritime structures including oil, gas, bulk materials, general cargo and container terminals, harbours, dredging, reclamation and breakwaters
- UK and international experience
- be self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and excellent organisational skills
- have strong commercial and financial awareness
- flexibility to travel overseas in respect of project work
- have good client relationship skills and client-facing experience