He or she will ensure that the rigorous standards of all research studies are upheld and of consistent quality, helping to guarantee that the final products submitted to USAID are thorough and complete.
He/she will provide critical backstopping at times of high volume, particularly around the finalization of research reports.
Support the Outcome 2 Research Coordinator, and other Outcome 2 staff, in all aspects of research, including:
- Providing capacity building supports to the Research Coordinator and local researchers, by collaborating on and supporting research studies as required.
- Provide support for the organisation of the annual Research agenda workshops
- Provide support for the dissemination of research results
- Ensuring that research reports are rigorously produced, including accurate reporting of data and statistical analysis, detailed analysis and recommendations pertaining to research findings, and correct articulation of key details in English translations.
- Supporting the alignment of research reports with international standards required by USAID, including a careful alignment of reporting with directives provided in the contract, and in accordance with feedback provided by Chemonics and USAID colleagues.
- Provide technical backstopping at high-volume times, including occasions where multiple research studies must be finalized and edited simultaneously.
The Research Quality Assurance Specialist will report directly to the Technical Director.
The Research Quality Assurance Specialist would work both remotely and in Dakar for field visits, during key periods (preparation of a new study, finalization of the study, research agenda workshop, etc). The number of working/days per year is flexible and can be adapted to availability, but would be in the range of 60 – 120 days per year, with an average of three annual field trips to Dakar.
- Doctoral degree in education, linguistics, or another field of social sciences
- At least 10 years’ experience in research pertaining to Education programs
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research studies
- Experience in early grade reading and mother tongue language instruction strongly preferred
- Excellent writing and analysis skills
- Mastery of Excel for quantitative data analysis
- Good organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- French fluency required; English proficiency required