We are currently looking to recruit an accomplished and experienced Senior Bridge Engineer to join our project team in Durban Office.
As an experienced Professional Bridge Engineer, you will be involved in projects of various sizes including many with a high industry and public profile. The role will be challenging, varied and demanding while offering fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development.
You will be required to work autonomously, managing part of our growing team carrying out bridge feasibility works, design, assessment and strengthening depending upon project requirements.
You will also be required to successfully manage projects in accordance with our quality procedures and within financial and programme targets.
Further attributes of this role include:<?xml:namespace prefix="o" ns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
- Responsibility for all aspects of assigned project work.<o:p></o:p>
- Assistance to the team leader in business development.<o:p></o:p>
- Lead project teams throughout all phases of project, from bidding to completion.<o:p></o:p>
- Ability to work on a range of both road and rail bridge commissions, from inspection and assessment work to feasibility studies, refurbishment, strengthening and new build design.<o:p></o:p>
- Be willing to travel within South Africa<o:p></o:p>
We are looking for an experienced, Professional Bridge engineer. Candidates will have extensive experience in Bridge Engineering which will be utilised across a broad range of engineering projects. Experience within the Rail sector will be an advantage but not essential; however, a commitment to develop into this area will also be of value in combination with the right skill set:<?xml:namespace prefix="o" ns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
- 12-15 years’ bridge design experience.<o:p></o:p>
- Pr Eng.<o:p></o:p>
- Competency in the use of South African bridge design standards.<o:p></o:p>
- Experience of working in bridge engineering and involvement in the full project lifecycle, including budget/finance control.<o:p></o:p>
- Proven team management experience, with the ability to lead and mentor graduates.<o:p></o:p>
- Experience working in or with a multi-disciplinary design consultancy.<o:p></o:p>
- A strong technical focus.<o:p></o:p>
- Strong IT skills.<o:p></o:p>
- Proven capability to work proactively to meet deadlines and within budget and programme constraints.<o:p></o:p>