Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defence, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
We are seeking a senior transportation planner / engineer to join our transportation planning practice and lead our efforts in Northern California. The ideal candidate will possess a sound technical background in transportation planning and a solid working knowledge of the Northern Californian Market.
- Project development and definition studies including Alternatives Analyses
- Regional and facility transportation planning access and multi modal studies and analysis
- Feasibility studies for transportation demand management, and redevelopment programming
- Travel demand modeling, microscopic traffic simulation demand forecasting
- Perform traffic operations analysis, corridor analysis, traffic impact studies, and transportation plans development
- Provide GIS/GPS related services to clients – both internal and external.
- Carry out research in the application of new technology in the transportation field (such as data-mining)
• 10 to 15 years of increasingly responsible professional experience
• Master's degree in Urban Planning or Environmental Studies.
• Knowledge using Travel Demand Forecasting Models.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in data mining, statistical modelling and GIS/GPS applications.
• Must have the ability to research, present and convey information clearly and concisely.
• Must be able to professionally communicate with all staff levels of the organization/industry
• Independent, critical thinker with strong analytical ability and commitment to high quality outputs and follow-through.
• Accuracy, with a keen eye for detail, required.
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent research background
• The ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
• The ability to train, mentor and motivate staff
• The ability to market and expand our transportation planning services.
• A strong work ethic with the desire to learn and achieve
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals