Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
As the Operational modeling & Advisory Lead your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for delivering simulation and modeling work using our best practice guidelines.
- Perform technical/engineering tasks to define system design and subsystem requirements details.
- Perform system design, analysis, modeling and simulation to specify and verify train control systems.
- Analyze and evaluate designs to verify compliance with System technical requirements.
- Presents technical design proposals and reports to customers and/or other engineering/management groups.
- Creates new concepts or modifies existing concepts to fulfill customer requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within the North American along with having the following credentials:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computers, or Systems Engineering or equivalent.
Professional engineering designation or similar professional qualification is required;
10-15 years of progressive engineering work experience in an operational modeling and advisory role to transit and railway agencies.
Experience with modeling and simulation of multi-system problems, within the rail & transit sector.
Experience with generic railway signaling techniques, and Automatic Train Control system specifications.
Enthusiasm for analysis, simulation, and testing.
Experience in RTC, Opentrack or similar simulation software as applied to freight, passenger rail and transit/LRTs.
Knowledge of other simulation software, such as Vissim is beneficial.
Experience in Canada and the US is required; International experience beneficial.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Ability to work with minimal supervision;
Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments.
Work will be undertaken principally in the candidates home office with a willingness to undertake short term assignments on site and affiliated design offices in North America and worldwide is required.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals