One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we’re helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We are currently looking for a structural engineer to be based in our Sofia office and to support our international business. You will be based in our Sofia office and will support our international business.
•Degree in civil/structural engineering.
• Experience in the design and analysis of civil structures. Experience in design/analysis of industrial facilities will be preferable.
• Understanding of analysis and design codes, standards, criteria, and design execution pertinent to structural engineering.
• Good understanding and proficiency in finite element analysis and CAD/CAE. Knowledge of AutoCad / REVIT, SAP2000 / Autodesk Robot Structural is essential. Knowledge of ANSYS, LS-DYNA or other advanced software is highly advantageous. Knowledge of Rhino will be also considered as significant advantage.
• Good understanding and interest in structural dynamics and structural engineering in general.
• Good writing, presentation and communication skills. Working proficiency in English. Any other foreign language will be considered as advantage. International experience will be considered as advantage.
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Mathcad. Programming skills are highly advantageous.
• Ability to work effectively in teams.
You will be working, under supervision, and will support for performing structural analyses of structures to validate their design adequacy for normal and extreme operation. You will be designing new structures or will design retrofitting measures for existing ones to resist extreme loads.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.