Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
The IT Asset Management Analyst will be responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of technology assets, including software licenses and computer hardware. The role is focused on ensuring that the Group maximizes the utilization of its IT assets, whilst maintaining an effective compliance state. This individual will be the principal contact for the business and Finance in developing appropriate strategies for the provision and use of IT assets within the North American region.
In addition, the right candidate will work with a global team of IT Asset Analysts to implement ITAM objectives across the group.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage software licenses and hardware assets, ensuring the timely fulfilment of business demands, while maximizing the utilization and cost of assets;
- Work with the business on software selection, purchase and to seek opportunities to rationalize and standardize software products.
- Maintain license entitlement and consumption records, while managing the risk of non-compliance;
- Maintain payment records for recharging costs to business units for the use of software and hardware
- Discuss and resolve payment questions with vendors and internal departments’ personnel;
- Supporting the regional businesses on queries related to cost recovery and budgeting;
- Define and maintain license entitlement, hardware and contract records within the Configuration Management System (CMS);
- Ad hoc research and report generation as requested by the Finance team, Information Technology, and business units;
- Assist with the execution of financial, operational, audit and special projects as required;
- Owing to the responsibilities, required to work beyond regular schedule
- Solid working knowledge of data processing with advanced level proficiency in Excel. Experience with database management systems, data warehousing, query languages and report generators desirable but not required;
- 2-3 years of experience as asset manager, inventory administrator or IT Finance/Audit analyst, with a strong analytical track record;
- Understanding of budgets, forecasts, procurement, project management and contract management;
- Ability to learn new software and systems quickly;
- Experience in billing and budgeting;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Experience in the use of any popular ITSM tool, particularly ServiceNow, is advantageous;
- Experience in managing software internal compliance and vendor audits;
- Knowledge of software licensing rules;
- Hardware asset management (from purchasing, inventory, stocking to disposal) experience.
- Minimum of Associate Degree, although Bachelor’s degree is desired, preferably in an IT, Information Systems, Accounting, Finance or business related discipline;
- Formal accreditation in ITIL v3 and/or IT Asset Management helpful;
- Excellent communication skills: writing, speaking, listening, persuading and influencing and collaborating;
- Process orientated;
- Ability to conduct research and solve problems creatively;
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and find creative solutions, and;
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.