Mott MacDonald is a $2bn global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
With a significant presence in the East Coast transportation and infrastructure realm, we're looking to welcome a project controls specialist to our Westwood, MA office. Our projects include the $7.3 billion East Side Access project in New York City, where we've been providing program and construction management for America’s largest infrastructure project. We've recently been appointed by The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to lead the implementation of the Governor's Airport Advisory Panel’s vision plan for the redevelopment of John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK).
Our projects span the realm on transportation engineering, including: transit, rail and metro, tunnels, aviation, highways and bridges and ports and harbors.Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
As a result of our continued success, we are looking to welcome an additional mechanical project manager to our team. With a particular emphasis on underground construction and mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems design, you’ll be involved in a variety of different transportation projects. This will include road, rail and metro tunnel ventilation systems.
As a mechanical project manager, you’ll be tasked with:
- MEP, tunnel-ventilation and fire life safety design for a variety of transportation projects, using engineering design drawings and specifications.
- Project management duties (scheduling, cost management, etc.) and leading tasks on large and small projects.
- Liaising with clients to keep them abreast of project developments and progress.
- Ensuring accuracy of design and contract documents and utilizing innovative mechanical design and analysis.
- Computerized fluid flow analysis and modelling.
- Acting as a role model and ambassador for Mott MacDonald’s junior team members; articulating and representing the brand, vision and value proposition internally and externally.
- Nurturing an innovative, challenging, collaborative and high performing work environment, which supports and fosters the Mott MacDonald values and culture where results are driven by a total team effort.
Based from our newly-refreshed Westwood (Boston), MA office, you’ll work alongside an experienced and knowledgeable team of engineers. It’s not all work though. We have a very active social and sporting calendar. Several outdoor activities take place on a regular basis. If you’re a cycling enthusiast, a few our colleagues frequently get their bikes out after work. We also have annual social events that are not to be missed.
Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for the North American transportation and infrastructure industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for a mechanical project manager to join our team to continue this traction and invite applications from candidates with:
- 8 + years' experience in MEP OR transportation design projects; any experience with fire life safety/tunnel ventilation projects will be extremely advantageous.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work within project timeframes and budget constraints.
- Project management experience.
- Self-motivated and experienced in performing calculations and delivering quality work.
- Ability to travel to clients and job sites to represent Mott MacDonald.
- PE license.
If you have any questions before applying, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to receiving your application.