Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior project controls manager, with appropriate experience and professional credentials, to manage our North America region capabilities and capacity to implement state of the industry project controls on major projects and programs. Reporting to our North America regional leader for the projects, programs, and commercial management (PPCM) practice, the selected candidate will be involved with the delivery of major projects and programs in the U.S. and Canada, with opportunities in other countries across the globe. You will be responsible for supporting the controls management of major projects and programs having professional fees greater than $500,000 but more typically greater than $5 million. This includes all functional areas of project controls: scheduling, cost estimating, cost engineering, risk management, financial management, document management, data management, project reporting, contract and subcontract management / administration and/or other relative activities.
As the senior project controls manager, your specific duties will include but not be limited to:
- Evaluate Mott MacDonald’s capabilities in North America relative to application of effective project controls on major projects and programs, including staffing resources, processes, technology and adherence to industry standards.
- Organize and maintain a community network of practitioners with experience in the various functional areas of project controls and assess their respective proficiency and knowledge.
- Monitor engagement of project controls practitioners in major projects and programs and make recommendations for recruitment and assignments of staff.
- Coordinate with, and assist, other Mott MacDonald managers as appropriate relative to the recruitment, hiring, assignment, performance evaluation and career development of project controls staff.
- Monitor the level of proficiency and capabilities of project controls staff for each core functional area, including respective experience and attainment and maintenance of professional certifications and licenses which may demonstrate the levels of proficiency for individuals in the respective functional areas. Recommend career development activities for respective staff to improve their level of proficiency, advance their respective careers.
- Assist in the development of standards, processes, and common ways of working relative to the respective functional areas of project controls and disseminate these to the community of practitioners.
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of a body of knowledge and reference materials associated with best practices in implementing effective project controls for major projects and programs.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within our primary markets along with having the following candidate specifications:
- 20+ years of experience in the engineering and construction industry
- 10+ years of experience with major projects or programs, with a focus on project and/or program management or project controls for engineering and construction phases
- Bachelor’s degree required, MSc/MBA preferred
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license preferred
- Professional Licenses and/or Certifications issued by recognized professional organizations with training and accreditation programs preferred, including AACES, PMI, CMAA or similar organization
- Experience in various delivery models, including EPCM, design-build, design-bid-build, time-and-materials and early contractor involvement
- Extensive experience working in client roles, engineering consultancies and/or contractors
- Able to operate at a high level in the management team of a multinational business
- Effective communicator with demonstrable experience presenting and communicating to third parties including clients, regulators, industry and the general public on major capital projects and programs
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Strong presentation and meeting/workshop facilitation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Leadership in communicating and implementing safety and quality programs that result in “zero” incidents
- Understanding and experience in leading teams of this magnitude to deliver global multi-disciplined projects that are executing concurrently
If you share our vision, then let’s discuss how we can help you take the next step in your career and how you can participate in an exciting new chapter with Mott MacDonald in North America.