Mott MacDonald is a $2bn global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
With a significant presence in the West Coast transportation and infrastructure realm, we're looking to welcome an electrical engineer to our Seattle, WA office in 2018. Our projects span the realm on transportation engineering, including: transit, rail and metro, rolling stock, maintenance facilities, systems, tunneling, highways, bridges and ports and harbors, to tunnel design and construction management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Based from our newly-relocated Seattle downtown, WA office, you’ll work alongside an experienced and knowledgeable team of engineers, designers and project managers. While primarily the base for our transportation and infrastructure teams, the office has approximately 40 multi-disciplined colleagues. The environment is one of challenge, collaboration and client focus, with regular staff education and social activities opportunities.
With over 100 years’ experience in developing rail systems, you will be joining the world’s leading transport consultancy. Some of the key services provided by the team, and which you'll be involved with, include:
- Requirements management
- Rolling stock related activities (e.g. procurement/electrical/mechanical services etc.)
- Maintenance facilities design/development
- Systems design development
- Systems integration
- Design assurance
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Verification and validation
- Reliability, availability, maintainability and Safety (RAMS)
- Engineering safety management
Not only will you be involved in a wide range of activities in your role as an electrical engineer, you'll have the opportunity to develop your skillset and knowledge with Mott MacDonald. We'll work with you to achieve your career aspirations and work in partnership.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for electrical engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To be considered for the electrical engineer position in Seattle, WA, you will have less than 12 months' post graduate experience and have achieved or, are working towards, a bachelor's and, preferably, a master's degree in electrical or electronics engineering or relatable information technology discipline.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Internships or related experience a plus
- Digital technology and computer software skills
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Strong verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Strong written communication and attention to detail, and ability to write reports.
- Understanding of technical documents such as drawings and specifications
It would be fantastic if you could include a cover letter.