We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
We have identified a role within PTD that requires a person who can:
- read drawings, (essential)
- understand the environment of Substations (desirable)
- have the authority / clarity of speech for running pre-start meetings and implement corrective actions at site.
- liaise with substation and utility owner personnel, (water & electrical power) (desirable).
- liaise with drafting team (desirable)
- Have experience in the set up surveys on site and to supervise / monitor site surveys at site.
- Have experience / knowledge of the survey setting to work procedures (desirable)
- Have patience with dealing with client’s, (who are difficult to pin down) (desirable)
- Have a NEBOSH Construction Safety Certificate (desirable)
- NGC1 – Management of Health and Safety
- NCC1 – Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- NCC2 – Health and Safety practical Application
- undertake / have any / all of the following (desirable): -
- NG person
- CSCS Supervisor Trained
- Any Safety / Surveyor / Geotechnical / Civil qualifications and / memberships
- Have a good understanding of CDM 2015, (Client, Designer and Principal Contractor duties under the regs).
- Have a civil engineering & / or geotechnical qualification, (the higher the better), (desirable)
- Undertake civil / geotechnical design work during periods when survey work is not forthcoming.
- Have clients / ongoing survey coordination work that can be brought into MM via employment, (highly desirable)
Engineering technician with good all round knowledge of electrical substations.