We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
As Deputy Team Leader you will:
- Support the Team Leader in the daily management of the programme;
- Develop and maintain relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, such as Government, Civil Society Organisations, businesses and others;
- Help to develop informed proposals for issue-based projects;
- Assist the Team Leader in coordinating and overseeing projects to deliver programme outcomes;
- Report on progress based on M&E results and local intelligence.
To be successful in this role you:
- Have a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline;
- Have at least 5 years of relevant experience in Malawi, having worked in a variety of sectors and with a variety of stakeholders;
- Have worked in donor funded programmes (preferably DFID);
- Have strong managerial skills and programme management experience;
- Have strong reporting skills
- Are fluent in English and Chichewa
We offer a freelance contract for this role. The programme will last 5 years and requires full-time input in Lilongwe, Malawi. In country travel will be required as well.