- technical due diligence and review of over 50 projects for French renewable energy producer Voltalia across Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America
- technical advisor on the World Bank Group's Scaling Solar Initiative, Africa
- lender's technical advisor on the San Pedro III solar plant, Chile
….and many more!
Come and be a part of our growth! Get involved in making the largest and some of the most complex and challenging solar projects become a reality from their conception through to completion.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Our work is varied and includes due diligence studies (technical, contractual and financial) construction and operation monitoring, contractual reviews, energy yield analysis, irradiation studies, feasibility studies, market and strategic advice, project development assistance, regulatory development, analysis and review and technology assessments.
We're looking for a technical lead to utilize their experience of projects from conception to completion and will provide engineering inputs from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility, due diligence, construction monitoring and acceptance.
You’ll also be reviewing and preparing technical and non-technical reports including specifications, proposals, calculations and contracts. There will also be technical tender support, actively assisting with business development, client management, and project management. Your role will be leading Mott MacDonald's technical input into solar projects in the US.
We work as an integrated, global network so you will get the chance to work alongside other professionals as part of a multidisciplinary project team giving you an understanding of projects from different technology perspectives. This means we look for engineers with genuine curiosity and a deep understanding of solar projects.
As a company our role is to open opportunities for clients and we do this through a connected global network of solar experts working across Thailand, Japan, the UAE, South Africa, North and South America and the UK. We look to utilize the most relevant experts for the challenge of the project no matter where they are based in the world.
With us you will develop and learn new areas of work and we ask you to share your knowledge, particularly as a solar technical lead, with others.
It's essential to have these main criteria to apply for this role, we're sorry but we won't be able to consider your application without these:
- 7+ years’ solar experience in the North America market
- Experience across construction management, technical due diligence and feasibility studies
- A PE would be extremely advantageous
- A bachelor’s degree as a minimum in a relatable engineering discipline
- Experience working on megawatt scale solar plants (PV)
- Project management / mentoring experience
- Experience working for a utility, consultant or developer