Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
In this role you will be applying design review, installation, testing and commissioning of the multi-layer transmission systems. This will provide connectivity and control for the traction power, signaling, SCADA and all station related communication systems in a collaborative approach to evolve a system solution that satisfies contractual obligation and meets the client’s expectations.
The SPT systems engineering activities include the analysis of the test results, documentation, and validation of the system solution which relates to the whole system life cycle.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Reviewing the test procedures and delivering processes
- Providing systems test engineering leadership for all systems and subsystems requirements and ensure that all activities are resources, planned, documented, and achieved in accordance to the agreed schedules
- Working closely with all other discipline leads and professional external engineering teams
- Ensuring the delivery of fully coordinated, complete and coherent documents, to meet systems tests and integration requirements
- Monitoring and evaluating system tests progress in relation to communication systems and other related assets (i.e. signaling, traction power, SCADA etc)
- Collaborating with senior managers to drive change and meet the needs of the clients
- Manage change in system requirements
- Manage and maintain a communications system test requirements baseline through the project lifecycle and schedule
- Manage the design impact of any change in requirements
- Manage related communication system engineering risk
- Identify and manage the technical interfaces between communication systems and other sub-systems within the project defined boundaries and 3rd parties
Mott Macdonald provides cost-effective and creative and innovative engineering solutions for North America throughout multiple sectors. We are seeking a senior communications engineer to join the team with the ideal candidate who has experience with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Must have 8-10 years of experience in communications engineering, transportation or similar field
- Experience with signaling, traction power and SCADA
- Must be able to work collaboratively with senior managers and clients