We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The Senior Risk Manager/ Portfolio Risk Manager sets the standard for management of Risks, Issues and Assumptions across the Portfolio. Working with the Portfolio Office to implement a proactive risk management culture across a diverse portfolio of programmes and projects. They are responsible for the implementation of a training plan to upskill incumbent resources, establish a risk governance frameworks and the integration of risk management systems with stakeholders / internal assurance departments.
Key duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Setting standards for the portfolio and industry partners on risk management requirements and analysis
- Develops and implement a risk training plan across the Programme and constituent Projects
- Provide development support and mentoring to incumbent resources in the establishment of risk team
- Setting the direction for the management of Risks, Issues and Assumptions for the Portfolio, including policy and execution requirements
- Assurance of Risks, Issues and Assumption information, particularly risk analysis models produced in support of Project/ Programme Business Cases
- Producing Programme risk analytics in support of key decision making such as affordability, deliverability, approvals and recovery
- Works closely with client operations to develop risk considered governance and rule sets
The successful candidate will have a senior level of experience in portfolio, delivery and operational risk management and facilitation skills. They should be proficient using Microsoft Office packages and risk management software such as ARM, Predict! Or Primavera Risk Analysis (Pertmaster).Significant experience in developing risk management frameworks in immature risk cultures with exposure to the provision, interpretation and assurance of risk analysis, including modelling of schedule, cost and risk.
- Experience of delivering high standard risk management function across multiple industries
- Experience in delivery and communicating risk management processes and procedures
- Sound knowledge of Change Management Processes and procedures
- Experience in using Predicts, ARM, @Risk, Pertmaster risk management tools
- Experience in producing detailed programme and project level risk and change management reports to tight deadlines
- Able to articulate risk data to non-specialist audiences
- Comfortable in producing high quality presentations and training sessions
- Must be articulate with practised presentations and facilitation skills.
- Proven high quality writing skills
- Ability to communicate and interface with senior representatives from client and external stakeholders
- Previous experience of successfully leading, motivating and managing teams