Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy, with a significant presence in the East Coast transportation and infrastructure realm. We have a brand-new opportunity for a senior scheduler to join our ever-expanding team in the Boston area and embark on one of the largest projects of its nature in the region.
Mott MacDonald has been engaged by a prestigious client to provide construction and program management services for a major transit program in Boston, MA. The lead scheduler will be a member of the knowledgeable program team and will be tasked with developing a major program schedule from the ground-up.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
As the lead scheduler, you will be tasked with:
- Lead the schedule team in developing construction schedules for each of the projects in the Program, which are updated as the design progresses
- Lead the schedule team in reviewing designer baseline schedules for their design work, review monthly updates and earned value reports
- Develop Master Program Schedule (MPS) and update monthly.
- The master schedule will summarize the planning, design procurement, design, contractor procurement and construction for each project, project interfaces, vehicle delivery, PM/CM key deliverables, program milestones
- Developing construction schedules for each of the projects in the program, which are updated as the design progress
- Lead the schedule team in reviewing and reconciling Construction Contract Time Determination (CTD) Schedules that are submitted by the designer of record with each design deliverable
- Support critical activities such as Value Engineering (VE) studies, risk analyses, and claims (time entitlement analysis).
- Working with designer to define construction phasing, establish construction contract milestones and limitations of operations in conjunction with the CTD schedule
- Reviewing construction contractor schedules, monitor progress against planned completion and contract milestones
- Lead the schedule team in providing all schedule reporting as required, such as the monthly report, the 6-week look ahead and schedule “hot list” to monitor program progress and identify key activities that require attention
Although this is a new office, Mott MacDonald has an extensive and illustrious history in the Boston, MA area. Beyond the role on the program, our Westwood office has over 100 people with a fantastic culture in a modern office.
I am looking to speak with lead scheduler candidates who have availability to join the program soon and invite applications from candidates with:
- Five or more years’ experience with construction/engineering scheduling
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related field
- Detailed knowledge of Primavera P6
- Ability to develop cost / schedule analysis presentations both graphic, written, and verbal
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and ability to liaise with client, contractors and team
- Experience of working on large construction projects or transit / rail projects
This is an ambitious and exciting transit program. I look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you to the Mott MacDonald family.