Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy, with a significant presence in the East Coast transportation and infrastructure realm. We have a brand-new opportunity for an interface manager to join our ever-expanding team in the Boston area and embark on one of the largest projects of its nature in the region.
Mott MacDonald has been engaged by a prestigious client to provide construction and program management services for a major transit program in Boston, MA. The interface manager will be a member of the knowledgeable program team and will be tasked with ensuring an effective delivery of the different elements within the program.Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
This is a multi-faceted position to provide support to the program management team to ensure that all interfaces between the program contracts (internal and external) are identified, tracked, and communicated effectively to all involved. You will also be tasked to identify possible conflicts that could negatively impact the program objectives as well as identify opportunities that may benefit the program. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Managing the interface management team including planning and coordinating work
- Coordinate and collaborate with design management, construction management, project controls, and program management on interface aspects
- Carry out special tasks for the program
- Identify physical, functional, contractual, and organizational program interfaces
- Understand and interpret each interface to resolve issues, avoid possible areas of duplication, and identify missing scope
- Work with the construction manager and design manager and other team members to and determine issues and opportunities
- Manage the technology lead and modeler to perform 4D BIM models and “what-if” scenarios focusing on scope and schedule
- Track and report the status of interfaces
- Perform site visits and meet with stakeholders including communities, advocacy groups and client as required.
- Provide the supporting tools and systems for interface management
- Identify and report on any area of concern to the senior management team of the Program
- Provide Program progress updates
- Plan and manage Environmental & Permitting Lead to coordinate all environmental and permitting related activities.
- Plan and manage Public Outreach Lead and Municipal Liaison’s activities.
- Review your team’s reports and other work products.
- Provide input to risk register to ensure that interface issues are addressed and closed in a timely manner
Although this office is brand new, Mott MacDonald has an extensive and illustrious history in the Boston, MA area. Our Westwood (Boston) office has over 100 people with a fantastic, welcoming culture in a modern office.
Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for the North American transportation and infrastructure industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for an interface manager to join our team to continue this traction and invite applications from candidates with:
- A bachelor’s degree in a construction, engineering or project management subject
- Project management experience across a range of disciplines, contract/procurement routes and ideally transportation sector
- Experience managing and leading project teams to successful outcomes
- Good client and stakeholder relationship building skills
- Effective communication with clients’ project team and business manager
- Good knowledge of planning and other aspects of project controls
- A proactive approach