Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
The successful project controls specialist will join our dedicated transportation group supporting major transportation projects from either our Boston, MA or Westwood, MA offices. We are seeking a professional, innovative, and detailed individual. You will primarily be involved in the project controls elements for a number of different projects. From resource management to cost and financial elements (estimating, forecasting, earned value management, etc.).
As a project controls specialist, your day to day activities will include:
- Provide input to all areas of project controls, including: budget, cost, risk, and change management
- Work with various stakeholders to manage cash flow
- Compile, analyze and report on labor actuals and trends against current budgets
- Forecast, report, and flag for senior management budget reallocation needs
- Respond to client audits
- Develop and maintain an Earned Value Management System comprised of effort from multiple firms across multiple projects within a program
- Assist in managing subcontractor budgets and contracts
- Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of coding, time card issues or other project controls-related items
- In coordination with senior management and cost account managers, forecast future labor effort needs
- Incorporate program procedures and processes within Mott Macdonald internal standards and systems
- Adhere to and oversee internal Business Management System procedures, ensuring all projects are compliant
- Provide internal and external progress reports as required, as well as other ad-hoc requests
You'll work alongside a talented, multi-disciplinary team of engineers and project professionals.
Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for the North American transportation and infrastructure industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for a project controls specialist to join our team to continue this traction and invite applications from candidates with:
- Engineering / transportation / design project experience in a similar position (e.g. project controls, project accounting, cost estimating, financial analyst, etc.)
- An understanding of working with clients and engaging with appropriate stakeholders
- A degree or equivalent in a relatable major
- A minimum of 2 years of project experience
- Experience building relationships and ensuring effective communication with all parties
- Pro-active, problem-solving mentality
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Relevant software experience with e-Builder, Deltek, Oracle, or similar ERP programs is preferred