Our environment and water portfolio is primarily a UK based business delivering project, programme and commercial management services to regulated water/wastewater clients and the Environment Agency.
Our work stretches across the entire project lifecycle, from pre-contract cost estimating and benchmarking to post contract QS services and commercial assurance.
For project and programme management we deliver capital projects on behalf of our clients, both internal and external that range from several hundred thousand pounds in value to major projects and programmes worth over £0.5billion.
Additionally we are the home of the cost intelligence service, a specialist team of data analysts and economists who provide expert advice across all sectors on inflation and indexation.
We currently work with around half of the UK’s regulated water and wastewater companies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
To undertake the role of Assistant Estimator to provide assistant to the Senior Estimator for the delivery of major projects to meet defined customer objectives adopting a variety of estimating systems and techniques.
- Key project and team communication
- Assisting senior members of the team with achieving the delivery of projects within budget
- Working in accordance with the direction of the Senior Estimator/Project Manager
- Assisting with the delivery of projects in line with the customer objectives and contracted scope of works
- Preparation of estimates as required
- Assist with the management of an Estimating team to provide timely estimating support
- Take part in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management reports/liaison with sub-divisional manager
- Assist in securing new and repeat business in line with the sub-divisional budget
- Preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Provision of financial advice including the impact of inflation
- Advise on procurement strategies
- Assist in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
- Preparation of standard documentation – reports, valuations, letters, financial statements etc
- The analysis of business cases, preparing reports at all stages of budget setting
- Prepare valuations and financial statements; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations
- Assist in the settlement of construction disputes by providing and evaluating cost data and prepare and assist in agreeing final accounts
- Ensuring that estimates are aligned to any programme and risk criteria
- Adherence to estimating cost data within the business to ensure a uniform product
- Compliance with the businesses best practise in terms of estimate delivery and general conduct in a client facing environment
- Attendance at design team and progress meetings as necessary
- Contract administration as necessary
- Degree qualified in an Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or other relevant degree
- Working towards ACostE/MRICS/MCIOB
- Ability to prioritise and able to work under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleague
- Become an accredited member of the Association of Cost Engineers (MACostE)
- To develop a skilled appreciation of the CANDY estimating system and its relationship with other key client systems
- To understand how TOTEX (Total expenditure) is calculated using Capital Expenditure, Operational Expenditure, Whole Life cost and Embedded / Operational carbon values to provide whole life cost solutions to our clients