Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We have a full-time, permanent opportunity for a IT Purchasing Specialist to join our global team. The position is based in Chennai, India; but requires working closely with staff in Europe, Asia and North America.
The ideal person will have a background in some or all of IT request fulfilment functions, including: Purchasing, Procurement, Contract Management, IT Software Billing and Software Asset Management. The candidate can work flexible hours, especially between 8am and 9pm IST. He/she must be a strong team player who can operate independently in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunity employer.
The IT Purchasing Specialist will have a background in an area of IT request fulfillment process. Some exposure to ITSM practices and tools will be an advantage. The purchasing specialist will work in a team providing global services from a central location and need to flexible with time to ensure that service level targets are met consistently.
- Fulfills purchasing of goods and services related to the IT industry (Examples: hardware, software, network, cloud, bandwidth, MPLS, IT Security, VoIP).
- Negotiates prices, delivery and relevant options in the purchasing of IT goods and services.
- Creates and reviews Purchase Orders and verifies accuracy and compliance with financial standards.
- Acts and advises on opportunities to decrease product costs and/or mitigate risk.
- May be assigned to contract management, license recording and software billing tasks.
- Establishes good working relationships with internal business partners and outside vendors.
- Experience of global purchasing or procurement would be an advantage.
- Provides timely support in the fulfillment of IT purchase requests; provides technology assistance to employees so that they can make the right decisions about pricing, product options and delivery when purchasing technology goods and services.
- Processes purchase orders and information requests within service levels using documented procedures.
- Escalates all business-critical issues and non-standard equipment requests to the business managers and IT Asset Management in a timely manner.
- Verifies that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met and adjusts schedule to accommodate requests.
- Provides coverage during UK work hours when required.
- Ensures work assignments are being completed on schedule.
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience, of which 1 year should be in Information Technology, doing any of Purchasing, Procurement, Contract Management, IT Software Billing and Asset Management.
- Technical certification an advantage, but not required
- Formal or informal training in an ITSM tool
- Prior training in at least one PO system required. ServiceNow experience a clear advantage
- Analytic skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Excel is strongly desired.
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to concurrently navigate multiple systems and tool sets.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work effectively in teams or independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with an ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to negotiate and win with suppliers.