We are a €1.25 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 170 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
Mott MacDonald Ireland is seeking a Resident Engineer to join their water services team to work on exciting infrastructure projects in County Cork on flood management and water services projects.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The successful candidate will be part of a site supervision team carrying out the following duties:
- Supervise and administer construction contracts using both the Public Works and FIDIC Contracts;
- Ensuring that the works are constructed in accordance with the works requirements and any planning/environmental requirements;
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress of the works against the Works Programme;
- Evaluation the value of works completed on a monthly basis;
- Reviewing Contractor Method statements and ensuring that the works are being carried out in accordance with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Regulations with the support of the Health and Safety Co-ordinator;
- Maintain contemporaneous records of site activities in the site diary;
- Liaise with office based engineering teams;
- Liaise with stakeholders including local residents, landowners, businesses and the general public;
- Commercial management of projects;
- Client relationship management;
- Other duties as required by Mott MacDonald or senior members of the site supervision team.
The successful candidate will possess the following;
- Hold an honours degree (level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications), or equivalent professional qualification, in engineering;
- The candidate should be Chartered or working towards Chartered Engineer status;
- At least 5 years’ post graduate relevant involving the supervising Major Civil Engineering Works;
- Experience administering contracts using the Public Works or FIDIC Contracts;
- Working knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety legislation and regulations;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills;
- Excellent IT skills and familiar with computer applications such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and AutoCAD.