Opening opportunities with connected thinking.
Together with our clients, Mott MacDonald is solving some of the world's most intricate challenges. We search out the connections others fail to make; we unlock creativity and deliver better outcomes for the lives we touch every day.
Mott MacDonald is a wholly independent, employee-owned, multidisciplinary engineering and development consultancy servicing public and private sectors around the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices and delivering projects in 150 countries. Everyday, we build upon our reputation for technical excellence by taking on some of the world’s most prominent and challenging projects, particularly in areas such as highways and bridges, rail and transit systems, tunnels, and pipeline services.
We are positioned for healthy growth, profitability, and career opportunities across North America and around the world.
As part of our growing business in North America, we want to hear from you: the enthusiastic, collaborative, and talented individuals who enjoy problem solving and pitching in to grow a successful business. Join our team of seasoned professionals who are finding opportunities through connected thinking to develop our Mott MacDonald global presence.
At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Mechanical Engineer based in our Toronto office. The ideal candidate will be involved with the delivery of a range of projects within Mott MacDonald Canada.
As a Mechanical Engineer working as an integral part of the Toronto office, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Involvement in a project or a small portfolio of projects of various sizes and types from conception through to completion.
- Assessing and understanding project requirements.
- Undertaking mechanical design across a number of disciplines.
- Agreeing timescales and specifications with clients and managers.
- Preparation of documents and reports.
- Having an appreciation of the roles of fellow professionals on multidisciplinary projects and interfacing and coordinating with them appropriately.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Mott MacDonald Canada Limited will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
<p dir="ltr" />
The ideal candidate will have experience working within our primary markets along with having the following candidate specifications (preferred candidates will possess the following):
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from accredited University.
- 5-10 years’ experience in engineering design works.
- Eligible for or in possession of Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) designation.
- LEED accreditation is an advantage
- Possess strong knowledge of HVAC, Plumbing Drainage and Fire Protection systems.
- Able to apply technical knowledge in analyzing problems and creating solutions.
- Flexible approach to type of projects and specific tasks required, and ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgments.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Experienced in Revit, CADD, HAP and IES