The Energy Unit, specifically the Power, Process & Nuclear division are recruiting a Technical Manager with a broad range of advanced analysis knowledge and experience, with very good understanding of seismic analysis and seismic soil-structure interaction analysis. You will be based in our Altrincham office, part of an integral team delivering a multi-million-pound international project in the nuclear industry.
Having overall responsibility of the analysis work, you will be expected to report progress against deliverables as well as managing scope change. You will be part of a rapidly growing team with significant opportunity for progression of your career.
• Degree in civil/structural engineering. Higher degrees such as MSc or PhD will be desirable.
• Significant experience in the analysis and design of nuclear related structures for seismic and other extreme loads. Suitable experience in analysis/design of structures in other heavy regulated industries will be also considered.
• Good all-round understanding and proficiency of advanced analysis, specifically on understanding in finite element analysis and seismic soil-structure interaction analysis of nuclear structures. Knowledge of ANSYS, NASTRAN and SASSI will be highly desirable. Understanding of seismic hazard analysis and site response analysis is also desirable.
• Good understanding of analysis and design codes, standards, criteria, and design execution pertinent to structural engineering. Knowledge and experience of ASCE4-16, ASCE43-05, ACI349, AISC-N690 and ASCE7 will be desirable.
• Leadership and very good verbal communication skills are essential.
Experience in managing a team of highly capable individuals is desirable.
• Good writing, presentation and communication skills. Ability to converse and provide convincing reasoning and justification of complex advance analysis subjects to client in the form of verbal presentation or written document is essential.
Experience in direct dealings with regulators are desirable. International experience will be considered as an advantage.
Candidates must be eligible to apply for security clearance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.