Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is a multi-disciplined engineering consultancy, with a significant presence in the tunnels realm throughout the United States. Our projects include the $7.3 billion East Side Access project in New York City, where we've been providing program and construction management for America’s largest infrastructure project. Because of our continued and sustained growth and success, we’re now looking to appoint a senior project manager - tunnels to support our current and future infrastructure projects in the San Francisco Bay Area.
This will be a versatile role, with the senior tunnel project engineer undertaking a cross-section of projects; including: tunnels, microtunnels, horizontal directional drilling, braced excavations and other underground structures/projects. As a tunnel engineer, your duties will include:
- Production of design solutions, reports, specifications and drawings covering a range of projects from new builds, modifications, maintenance and refurbishment.
- Assessment of sub-surface conditions and development of design criteria.
- Developing engineering concepts, and articulation to the team
- Writing reports for submission to clients as well as assisting with preparation of proposals to clients.
- Leading and managing junior/graduate engineers supporting their development;
- Liaising with the client, attending progress meetings and producing reports on progress
- Providing expert engineering input into design; and evaluation of built environment proposals.
Mott MacDonald's experience in tunneling dates back to the early 1900s. Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for North American tunneling industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for an individual to join our team to continue this and invite applications from candidates with:
- Masters in civil engineering preferred as a minimum, but BS in civil engineering considered. Degree(s) should be structural in geotechnical, or civil
- California PE, SE preferred
- Experience working with government and local agencies.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with tunnels, underground structure design as engineer of record for projects that have been constructed.
- Experience with soil structure interaction and seismic soil structure interaction analysis
- Mix of hydraulic structures and transport structure design experience preferred
- Proven track record in tunnel design.
You’ll be a career minded individual with aspirations of working in the tunnel design field. Working in a team environment in Mott MacDonald’s San Ramon office, you’ll need a positive attitude to promote the program, our organization, and our achievements.