Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
As a civil engineer - highways you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our existing talented engineers on some of the largest projects locally in Salt Lake City, UT and across the country. Often working alongside a multi-disciplined team, your projects will primarily be focused in Utah for some of the area’s biggest clients. You’ll often work across multiple projects varying in size and complexity and your responsibilities will include:
- Highway and roadway design, contract document development, and technical writing.
- Preparing calculations for project elements related to highway design.
- Assisting in the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, studies, and designs for project.
- Independently evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Extracting engineering data from various prescribed sources; processing the data following well-defined methods; and presenting data in formula, curves, and graphs.
- Attending meetings with clients and contractors with other members of the project team.
- Reviewing various shop drawings and preparing preconstruction cost estimates for projects.
- Meeting with clients; providing excellent and professional client interactions.
- Working with the team to prepare proposals.
Efficient, safe, and reliable infrastructure is vital to our nations wellbeing. Our engineers marry technical and business expertise to deliver innovative solutions that meet client challenges as well as the diverse transport needs of communities. We’re looking for someone to embody this ethos and welcome applications from highway engineer candidates with the following experience:
- A degree in civil engineering
- 5 to 10 years’ civil design experience, including roadway drainage/grading and/or traffic engineering
- Registered professional engineer in the state of Utah or be willing to obtain
- Proficiency with design tools including: MicroStation, InRoads, AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D