Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is seeking a senior transportation planner/engineer to work in our Sacramento, CA office, and support projects throughout northern California. This person will be responsible for being the lead project engineer/planner on a wide variety of transportation engineer and planning work related to planning and design of transportation facilities. This includes highways, freeways, interchanges, roadways, transit and rail systems, bike and pedestrian facilities, airports, ports and transportation-related structures. The senior transportation planner/engineer will have the following duties:
- Serve as the lead technical analyst in travel demand modeling and traffic operational analysis work involving a wide range and variety of modeling software environments and database use/applications.
- Review transportation engineering/planning data/reports/models and develop/recommend sound engineering/planning strategies and solutions.
- As a licensed engineer, takes primary author responsibility for study reports prepared as part of larger engineering and environmental documents.
- As needed, supervise or direct junior staff on day-to-day work – including modeling and analytical tasks, and preparation of study reports.
- May serve as project manager on small to mid-scale transportation projects, independently interacting with clients and other project stakeholders.
- May be required to support business development activities including assistance with preparation of comprehensive proposals for large projects and participation at client interviews for competitive proposals.
- The candidate’s primary place of work will be based in the Sacramento office.
- The job will involve occasional travel to other Northern California regional offices and may potentially involve travel to any other Mott MacDonald offices worldwide.
Mott MacDonald provides creative and innovative cost-effective engineering solutions across various sectors throughout North America. The senior transportation planner/engineer will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in transportation or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of transportation planning or traffic engineering experience working in a public agency or consulting environment
- Professional licensure as a registered civil or traffic engineer in California
- Solid technical and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and manage all phases of small to medium scale transportation/traffic studies
- Experience in travel demand modeling software such as Cube/Voyager, TP+/Viper, TransCAD, EMME, VISUM or similar
- Experience with design software such as AutoCAD, MicroStation or GIS/database software such as ArcGIS.
- Experience working on ultimodal transportation systems, transportation policy, financing and environmental processes