Mott MacDonald is a global management, engineering and development consultancy employing more than 14,000 staff working in 140 countries and with an annual turnover exceeding £1 billion.
Our breadth of skills, services and global reach makes us one of the world's top players in delivering management, engineering and development consultancy solutions for our customers.
Our consistent high placing in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work for Survey reflects our commitment to our staff, showcasing our belief that employee fulfillment is as crucial as customer satisfaction.
The Hosting Analyst will be based in our newly opened Chennai Global Operation Centre working in shifts covering follow the sun model, he/she will be working within the Infrastructure Services team and with suppliers to provide operational and project support of the Global Hosting Infrastructure within the Shared Information Services department.
- Delivers a highly efficient, effective and available services to the business according to agreed business requirements and service levels within specialist areas of expertise, including but not limited to Hosting, Storage, Servers and Monitoring.
- Provide regular written updates on all tickets and assists with having an input and providing regular reports
- Provide Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, Event Management, Request Fulfilment capabilities within the Infrastructure Team.
- Coverage of systems monitoring and alerting, and reacting accordingly
- Assists to ensure all documentation is available and accurately reflects the exact systems configuration at all times.
- Assists with the configuration management, auditing and documenting of all infrastructure Services.
- Builds and maintain relationship with the Global and Regional teams and attend regular meetings with the Global Functions
- Perform effective Incident, problem and change management functions with regards to assigned services.
- Performs day-to-day activities and checks as part of the on-going maintenance of the assigned services and that they are carried out in a timely manner as well as ensuring that a forward schedule of maintenance and upgrades are implemented.
- Patching of the systems to manufacturer best practices
- Escalation into suppliers as and when required.
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of systems and monitoring services
- Proactive in improving the hosting services, proposes and drives forward improvement initiatives;
- Ensure that effective system performance/capacity monitoring for all Hosting Services
- Ensures the DR capabilities are maintained and performs regular tests
- Participate in post implementation/major incident reviews
- Deliver through 3rd party providers where appropriate
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree or diploma <desirable></desirable>
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification <highly desirable=""></highly>
- Hyper-V experience <essential></essential>
- Backup technology experience <essential></essential>
- MS Windows Server <essential></essential>
- Storage systems <essential></essential>
- Server hardware experience <essential></essential>
- Exposure and use of Azure <desirable></desirable>
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Server, Storage and backup management environment. <essential></essential>
- Significant experience in an Enterprise level IT environment <essential></essential>
- Experience working in an ITIL environment <desirable></desirable>
Should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication
- Ability to think logically, analyse situations, solve technical problems
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and activities with minimum supervision
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the business
- Managing internal / external relationships
- Able to participate as a member of a multi-disciplined team
Shift work: 40 hours per week
However, you may be required to work for longer periods
General Behavioral Competencies
We are better together.
We always do what is right.
We appreciate others and care about the wider community.
We strive to improve and to exceed expectations.