We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
In this role, your essential responsibilities would include:
- Manage the plant capital & expense project to meet the need of plant sponsors and stakeholders
- Key contributor and coordinator for the corporate project in the plant
- Utilization of TPM Early Management tools to deliver successful project execution, with a focus on associate engagement and change management
- Manage all contractors & vendors associated with construction, installation, and procurement activities throughout the duration of the capital project to ensure compliance to all work standards and policies.
- Utilize construction management skills to assist in the installation of updated equipment to improve plant efficiency
- Provide daily progress updates to plant leadership and project team.
- Responsible for managing equipment and labor costs within the projects budget.
- Provides input into planning and scheduling of projects
- Interacts with managers and supervisors to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement project activities.
- Works closely with production, engineering and project team to coordinate activities.
- Ensures good housekeeping practices, enforces plant safety rules and ways of working, and supports plant requirements.
- Continuously evaluates workplace for safety concerns and ensures behavioral safety initiatives are performed to client’s standards.
- This role requires 80% presence on the plant floor
- This role requires lifting up to 40 pounds occasionally
- This role requires work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow
- This role requires 10-hour workdays and weekend work to support project execution
- 15 plus years of experience in construction management in a plant environment.
- Strong project management skills with at least 15 years of experience
- A minimum of 15 years of supervisory experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of engineering construction specifications and standards
- Ability to apply sound construction principles to implement projects and provide execution leadership on specific
- site initiatives
- Ability to anticipate and resolve challenges during project execution.
- Strong working knowledge of processing equipment, as well as plant systems: water filtration, compressed
- air, boiler, cooling tower, HVAC, power distribution, and process control network.
- Understanding of multiple supply chain disciplines including operations, planning, logistics, quality control,
- and engineering
- Must demonstrate leadership and influence management skills and be able to function effectively in a cross-
- functional team environment
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills