We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of roles including:
- delivering customised solutions for transmission and distribution systems,
- delivering system studies using specialist software systems including PSS/E, ETAP and DigSILENT
- enhancing our business development and delivering projects
in new technologies including energy storage, and market opportunities arising from DS3 grid connection policies.
- Create, run and update power market models using PLEXOS or equivalent.
- Negotiating, reviewing and assessing grid connection on behalf of clients
Adherence to strict deadlines will be a must. Our project team based in Dublin provides professional services to clients in Ireland and overseas including:
- Substation design for systems from MV up to 400kV, detailing all primary plant and electrical clearances;
- Creating project design intent documents and project specific design risk assessments with a strong understanding of health and safety requirements;
- Asset assessment and inspection services for high voltage equipment in Ireland and overseas;
- Design verification services for LV, MV and HV systems;
- Project supervision and management services for project delivery and execution;
- Project design and other services relating to overhead lines, cables and other transmission systems;
- Co-ordination of primary plant design with other disciplines and departments;
- HV cable design/routing and cable rating calculations;
- Earthing system design and studies in compliance with industry standards;
- Interfacing with site personnel for installation works and resolving installation issues.
Your duties will include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- Substation design and preparation of specifications;
- Project management for schemes involving systems from medium voltage up to 400 kV;
- System studies for power transmission systems from medium voltage up to 400 kV;
- Lead engineering design/project management for energy storage projects/solar projects;
- Lead PM role for projects providing services for clients involved in Irish single electricity market (I-SEM), DS3, renewable support schemes, connection policy and market and ancillary services design.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and level of experience:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience relating to design, delivery and supervision of HV substation equipment;
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record for delivering design studies and working substation systems;
- Experience in working in close cooperation with construction contractor;
- Excellent understanding of Irish single electricity market (I-SEM), DS3 and RESS consultation and Irish connection policy;
- Experienced with power market modeling software (PLEXOS);
- Experience with system studies software including at least two from the following (PSS/E, ETAP, DigSILENT);
- Qualified to degree level and will ideally be a chartered engineer;
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports in English;
- Hold a full driver’s licence and be able and willing to travel within Ireland and further afield.