Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is hiring a mid-level civil engineer who will be responsible for design of transportation, land development and general civil engineering projects throughout the Bay Area. You will assist with planning, design and construction related projects for our civil engineering division.
- Work on infrastructure and civil engineering projects and tasks, carrying out assignments with direction from project managers
- Perform tasks that include preparation of designs and calculations for civil engineering projects
- Help make technical decisions of a routine nature
- Gather and maintain specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc. as well as gathering field data including but not limited to manhole depths and spot surveying
- Perform standard practices and techniques in specific situations
- Perform assignments using standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequences of analysis, design and related engineering tasks.
Mott MacDonald provides innovative, creative and cost-effective engineering solutions throughout North America in multiple sectors such as transportation, water/wastewater, energy, aviation, oil and gas and more. The ideal candidate for the position will have the following qualifications:
- At least 5-8 years of experience in civil engineering, and very familiar with land development
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or similar field
- Professional engineer certification in the state of California
- Familiarity with design of land development and general civil engineering projects
- Experience in planning, design and construction of civil projects
- Proven client liaison with outgoing personality and excellent communication skills
- Client and regulatory personnel experience is preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D