Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is searching for a water/wastewater engineer to work with our established water/wastewater team in our Lakewood, Colorado office. You will work on various projects within water/wastewater including treatment process, pumping, collection, and conveyance facilities.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Working under the supervision of a project manager or senior project engineer
- Assisting project team members to complete planning, design, and construction phase services on municipal water, wastewater, and reuse infrastructure projects, including piping, pumping, and treatment systems
- Preparing technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and other project related documents
- Completing technical evaluations
- Supporting field investigations and information collection
- Preparing engineering, process, and hydraulic calculations
- Analyzing data, reviewing technical information, conducting technical evaluations, and assisting with process, material, and equipment selection
- Assisting with submittal review, responding to contractor information requests, contract document interpretation, and field observation
- Providing business development support, including assisting with preparing proposals and developing client relationships
Mott MacDonald implements visionary and inventive engineering solutions across multiple divisions through North America. The ideal candidate will have the below experience:
- Bachelor degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering from an accredited college with a water/wastewater/reuse focus
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Registered Colorado Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
- 5 or more years of experience completing the planning and design of municipal water, wastewater and reuse infrastructure projects
- Interested in working on a variety of municipal water, wastewater, and reuse infrastructure projects
- Proficient in basic desktop computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software (examples include ArcGIS, BioWin, WaterCAD, InfoWater, SewerCAD, and InfoSewer)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills