Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is looking for professionals to join our ever-expanding transportation team here in the New York City Metro Area. We are currently looking for an Inspector with experience in the New York City Metro Area within the transportation (NYCT, MNR, LIRR) and infrastructure industry. The successful candidate is required to have an understanding of construction industry standards and practices in the New York City Metro Area and experience working on such public agency projects.
The inspector will report to the senior inspector or chief resident representative to monitor daily construction activities, track and report quantities, take and archive progress photos and videos, and prepare daily reports. The inspector will also be responsible for inspection and recording of the work.
- A proven and verifiable track record performing inspections in one or more of the following disciplines; civil, structural, signals, traction power, track, communications, and associated construction activities.
- 5+ year’s construction inspection experience
- High proficiency with computers and standard word processing and spreadsheet software
- Must be client service focused, embrace a safety culture, be a team player, and communicate well with multiple stakeholders
- Must be willing to work weekends and/or weeknights as necessary.
- Construction Management or Engineering degree preferred or equivalent experience