Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is a global leader in rail systems projects. In North America, we have prestigious clients across the geographical are and our teams work on some of the biggest projects. As an ATC project manager, you will be tasked with oversight of our ATC projects in the Washington DC metro area. We have a sizable team working across significant projects. Your responsibilities will include:
Managing a project team of engineers and technicians on a major task order-based contract with the execution of automatic train control tasks. Task assignments will involve multiple disciplines including:
- Automatic train control system design such as block layout, headway and runtime calculations;
- Coordination of systems interfaces between automatic train control, traction power, communications and track;
- Relay based train control design;
- Systems integration and testing;
- Systems reliability, maintainability, accessibility and safety (RAMS);
- Preparation of technical specifications, drawings and contract documents for large and small train control projects;
- Performance of analyses, studies, inspections etc., and;
- Preparation of professional summary of findings, reports, procedures, plans, etc.
- Provides administrative and technical management over more than one major function;
- Responsible for establishing and periodically reviewing time-and-hour budgets and meeting those budgets on the projects he or she personally manages;
- Periodically reviews project schedule and progress on the projects he or she personally manages;
- Identifies potential business development with existing clients and takes an active or lead role in the proposal process;
- Maintains continued relationship with client after project is finished to assure securing future work the client may have.
Mott MacDonald's track record in rail dates back to the early 1900s. Our team of professionals provide cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for the North American rail and transit industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for an individual to join our team to continue this traction and invite applications from candidates with:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in electrical engineering or equivalent;
- Professional Engineer’s License or the ability to obtain registration in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia is highly preferred;
- Ten years related experience in railway systems engineering with a specialization in railway signaling and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A strong background in North American Railway Signaling practices.
Familiarity with FRA, AREMA and CENELEC standards for railway signaling;
- At least 5 years of experience in managing successful projects;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work with multi-discipline technical teams covering all rail and transit technical disciplines;
- Motivated self-starter able to work reliably and efficiently with minimal supervision;
- Must have ability to travel to clients and job sites and be willing to attend meetings after business hours.