Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Mott MacDonald is seeking a project controls engineer for our Portland, OR office. You will report to the project manager and will function within a contract management team, interfacing with engineers, contract administrators, resident inspectors, and estimators to ensure efficient contract completion.
Responsibilities and skills include:
- Ability to develop program/project baseline budget and schedule
- Review contractor schedules and progress updates
- Perform regular budget updates for individual projects at the project and program levels
- Review contractor progress payment submittals
- Track progress quantities, retentions and payments against contract award amounts and budgets
- Reviewing all progress payment back-up using inspector reports
- Working with the contractor to resolve any progress payment issues as well as reviewing cost/ schedule submittals from contractors
- Analyze, review, forecast, and report on contract cost and schedule performance, to include the status of committed costs against approved budgets
- Support the contract team in change order administration and review change order scope to assure the change order is not part of the original contract
- Support/develop independent cost estimates
- Prepare cost analyses and time impact evaluations concerning change order scope
- Support the contract team in defending against contract claims for additional cost and / or time extensions
- Generate periodic and specifically requested cost / schedule reports and graphics utilizing computerized software
Mott Macdonald provides cost-effective and creative and innovative engineering solutions for North America in various sectors. We are seeking a project controls engineer who is looking to join a team with career opportunities. The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in engineering, construction management, industrial management, or business.
- Must have at least two to five years of project controls/ cost/ schedule engineering experience.
- Hold certification with either AACE International or the Project Management Institute
- Strong administrative support background and organizational abilities